Saturday, July 21, 2007

Snake Eyes


Today is the first day that the kids are to help feed the local dog, Shelby, and the local cat, Smokey. So, I took the kids over and watched as the dog and cat were fed. Afterward, I sat and watched as the kids played outside on the swing playset and in the dirt with the trucks. After about ten minutes, Bowen hollered, "snake!" so I went over to take a look. Hiding under the dump truck was a small snake....making a distinctive 'rattle' sound. I knew immediately that I had to kill this snake... Quickly looking around, I spotted a small garden shovel with a long handle. Getting into a good position, I yelled "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH OMG!" as I whacked at the snake with a small shovel! After 3 good whacks, the snake's head was 'removed' and I could relax and try to think of what to do next!


Needless to say, we didn't stay long after that! Since the dog and cat seemed extra interested in the snake parts, I felt that I had to take it all with me. Plus, (you know me!) I wanted to get some good pictures of it. So, there you have it. My first, and hopefully LAST rattle snake kill! And I like this picture of him SO much that I won't be bothered if I never get another chance like that!

No comments: