Thursday, September 20, 2007

FIRE! FIRE! FIER!






Yep, that's what I meant: Fier! That what Andrew screams in the morning (sometimes 5 am) when he can't find his paci-FIER! Just when I thought the house was getting quieter, my sweet baby turns into a LOUD talking toddler! Right now, Andrew is in the tub simmin' (swimming), and Emma is standing outside the tub washing his hair with the baby soap! Now she's putting soap on her belly, so now she's getting into the tub also. Chaos, but on a low level!
We've had some gorgeous sunflowers sprout here. It was interesting to see the bees collecting pollen (not the yellow-jackets that have been piling up quickly in the traps). Also, Jimmy discovered that the green beans out in the garden are a blast to pick AND they stick to his shirt! HOW FUNNY!
Yep, that's the scorpion that was in the garage...I do all my own pictures, in case you were wondering. I don't pull anything off of the internet. Above is one of my favorite pictures of the 3 kids on the tire swing.


Well, as you may have guessed, the home-building process is taking us longer than we originally hoped. Since we don't think we'll be able to move into our new house until late November, we decided to go ahead and start Bowen in school here in Entiat. This is the school that my mom attended and graduated from (still think it's cool that the graduation pictures of ALL the alumni line the hallways). Bowen loves to ride the school bus now (first couple of days were rocky). It is not difficult to get him ready in the morning. He's an eager Beaver!


A couple of weeks ago, we had a well 'guy' come and fix the problem with the well here. THAT was a learning experience for me! I'm glad I was here to see the work get done, as I'll have to go through this again out on our property in Soap Lake!


As far as the process in Soap Lake goes: The well should be drilled in about 2 weeks. I have to send a form off, plus pay a fee. THEN there are the permit things...lots of checklists, plus I need to construct a plot plan (a drawing showing where everything will be on the property--including easements and setbacks). Think of your worst homework assignment in college....that's what this feels like! PAINFULL!! Not to mention all the paperwork for the loan.... And I'm trying not to bug Jim too much about the little details--he has enough stuff to worry about! We have selected our contractor who will be building our garage, doing our septic system and also doing the foundation. Nice guy... Hope I still feel this way when it's all said and done!


Highlights of the past couple of weeks: my back went out again; well guy worked on the well here; rat smell seems to linger in the house; scorpion was found here in the garage; Bowen's school open house went really nicely; Jimmy is now pretending to be driving a 'food truck' around the house asking if we want something to eat (I call him the Schwann's Guy); Andrew is saying several words plus 3-word sentences (hamburger, yogurt, apple, monster truck); Bowen has constructed an 'animal cemetary' in the back...so far just for grasshoppers and maybe a moth or two (however, we did observe a chipmunk 'spazzing out' this morning, so maybe we'll get him in there too!), but Bowen has been making grave markers (Jim is reminded of a Vincent Price creepy movie...).


There have been several things that lend themselves to this blog, but darned if this internet dial up is PAINFULLY slow! But I hope to get the next post on here sooner.


Did I mention that I'm having a great time sending Bowen off to school? He spends about 1 hour 45 minutes on the bus (adding up to and fro) which is probably why he loves going to school so much. LONG bus ride!


That's it for now. Enjoy!

No comments: