Monday, September 3, 2007

Road Trip, Part II



(Side Note: Bowen and Jimmy are now on 2 wheels!!! They are SO excited, and doing SO well!)


Well, after getting back from our CA trip on Thursday evening, we had to get ready for a trip on Friday to western Washington. My cousin was getting married that afternoon, so we got ready and headed out to Everett, WA. The wedding was beautiful, and the weather could not have been nicer. The next day, some of us went over to La Conner, WA to go to the Quilt Museum at Gaches Mansion. That was very interesting to see. The mansion was beautiful, and the display of quilts included old and new. Some quilts were double sided, which is a heck of a trick!! La Conner was a great place to visit, and I'm glad that I had a chance to go with my mom and some of my aunts. It was a nice outing, and I think it was the first time my mom and her sisters have had the chance to gather since my mom and aunt finished their cancer treatments. It was a special day, and I'm very grateful for the chance to spend the day with the girls!





After spending the day in La Conner, we drove up toward the Canadian border to spend the night at my aunt's house. It was rainy by then, which was fine since we were all tired from walking all day! It was a great chance to see my aunt's quilting frame and machine, plus and Electric Quilt program that she uses to design quilts. It was all very inspiring--so much so, that I finally took the step to order a quilt frame for myself (Little Gracie II). I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm eager to get it up and running!!!





The picture of the kids on the tire swing was taken at Smallwoods Harvest, in Peshastin, WA. One of my favorites!! And, here are the kids at Crooked River Gorge in Oregon...cool that the sun was setting when we got there.

No comments: