Thursday, July 10, 2008

Little Swimmers






The kids continue to improve during swimming lessons! I am really amazed at how quickly they are picking up the skills. I never did any official swimming lessons as a kid, because I couldn't get my ears wet, and the techniques the lifeguards use to teach the little kids is very interesting. Emma is doing great now, as she is very comfortable going under the water. I went under about 5 times while holding her, and she liked that a lot. Then she was excited to try it on her own. After that, I couldn't get her to stop putting herself under the water! That makes me happy for her, since putting my head under the water was always a challenge for me when I was learning to swim. Bowen says he doesn't like to do "bobs" which is where they jump up and down, each time putting their heads under the water, in quick succession. He does quite well at it, though! He doesn't plug his nose much. Both he and Emma have been opening their eyes under the water as well. I went under once with Emma and told her to look at me underwater...I started laughing, she looked so cute underwater...She just might graduate from the parent-participation class this time! Who knows! Jimmy is really enjoying his class. The only part he doesn't like is when he has to get out into the cold air. Tonight was particularly bad...we were all freezing--it was 68 degrees when we got out of the water, and mommy was the only one without a sweatsuit to put on! What was I thinking!!!


One side note: I will be having surgery on July 21st. Those of you who know me, know my chest got outrageously huge after having kids...well, I visited a plastic surgeon and he submitted a request for the insurance company to pre-approve the reduction surgery. I figure the people at the insurance company took one look at the pictures of me and said, "Yes,,,hurry up and help that poor woman!!!" In case you are wondering, I will be losing seven cup sizes...I'll let you know how much that actually weighs after the fact. I've debated on making a separate blog about the before, during, and after experience (blogs of other people's experiences have been helpful to read), however, I haven't made up my mind yet. Anyhow, when this is all completed, I look forward to swimming for exercise purposes...right now, I can't do much moving around in the water as my suit won't stay on, on top. I do plan to have a bra-burning party afterwards...:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best wishes for your surgery. I had no idea, wow 7 cup sizes!!! I am sure your back will feel so much better once you recover. take care.
Janel