Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer is flying by!






Just a quick post. I took the kids to Ohme Gardens near Wenatchee, WA the other day. It is really pretty there, and I'm glad to find that there was lots of shade, given the temperatures. It must have been hot at home, as well, as a grass fire burned around 5000 acres near our house in Soap Lake. I figure it got to be about 10 acres away from our property. I can see the blackened area from our kitchen. Thankfully, there was a large armada of firefighters helping, from ground crews to airplanes dropping water.


Last week, I was told by an optician that Bowen has amblyopia in his right eye. I'm taking him to an opthalmologist to see if his eye needs to be patched. Also last week, it was confirmed that Bowen has Asperger's (if you're interested in learning more, check out http://www.autismsocietyofwa.org/Resources.html for more information.


The kids finished up swimming lessons last night. I'm really proud of them. All three kids can retrieve toys from the bottom of the pool, which makes for a fun game. Jimmy and Bowen both have declared that they don't like jumping off of the diving board. (Bowen insists that he NOT be enrolled in swimming lessons again because he doesn't want to go off the diving board anymore). Well, as it goes, the rest of the summer is spoken for, so we won't be doing another session of swimming lessons this summer. I'll take them to the pool when I have a chance, and I do feel much more confident that the 3 older kids won't drown while playing near the frog slide or the fountain.

1 comment:

GFMouse said...

Hugs...I wish I was there in person to give you a big hug!