Monday, May 14, 2007

Good and Bad...




Today has been hopping with animal activity. There were four grosbeak out at the feeder today, and just as I went to take a picture, SIX more flew up! There were ten (5 mating pairs) total, but they didn't stay long enough for me to get a picture of all of them together. Quite a site.





On a sadder note, our guinea pigs must have gotten into something poisonous. I had them outside on the patio and around 4 pm this afternoon, Jimmy noticed that they were sleeping. I looked at them, and decided to move them into the shade, and oddly they didn't scurry about the way they usually do. I brought the cage into the house, and then I witnessed Cinnamon take his last breath...he just stopped breathing altogether. I couldn't believe it, and since Brown Sugar was also behaving listless, I figured that he was sick somehow as well...minutes later, he joined Cinnamon. Jim and I are trying to figure out what happened, and if they somehow got exposed to the rat poison out in the garage. Maybe a snake got to them, or a wasp, or something poisonous. Pretty sad thing.





I can't say that traveling with guinea pigs is a picnic, but the kids sure did like those piggies. Emma called them the 'pinny pigs'...So, here's to a couple of tough guinea pigs, may you rest in peace.


Jim was sitting near the garage a little while ago, when a spider came down on a web, touching his head, then coming down to hand in front of his face....he said it was a huge black widow spider...Good Grief! He also found the frog shown above...I think it's a tree frog, but I didn't look it up.

1 comment:

GFMouse said...

Awww, rest in peace piggies. OMG, the animal pictures are just amazing. Everything sounds so beautiful up there. I'm glad you guys are adjusting well to the move.

Janel B.