Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend


We had a nice memorial day weekend...didn't do anything in particular. Jim was off for 4 days though, so that was nice for us all to be here continuously. Lots of American flags waving over the weekend. Another good thing to see!


We've seen a few new critters here during the past 2 weeks. I saw a Great Blue Heron near the river yesterday and we spotted a very fancy moth the other day (see sightings). I took 3 of the kids up to Silver Falls (I keep forgetting the name of it, thinking it is called 'Sacred Falls' which is in Hawaii). This time the walk was a bit easier, though I carried Andrew most of the time. I also had a coyote run across the road in front of my car as I drove down river. I thought is was a dog at first, until I got a good look at his tail. It happened too fast to get a picture!

I took advantage of the sale at JoAnn's fabrics this past weekend...bought a few quilt books that I've had my eye on. Now I don't know what to do first!

The garden has started to grow. I don't know how big anything will get (or if it will produce anything), but still glad things are happening. The weather is supposed to get into the 90's over the next few days, and the mosquito activity seems to be getting heavy in the evening.

No comments: