Monday, May 5, 2008

Stick to the good stuff!



When I first decided to start this blog, I decided I'd only put in positive stuff. I really don't want this to be an outlet for any parenting frustrations I might have, unless I can do it with humor. If we can't laugh at the crazy stuff that happens (Jimmy flooding the bathroom, Emma stealing money from my purse on a daily basis, Bowen crashing his bike into Jimmy on purpose~that kind of thing), then what is the point of all this child-rearing business? Who'd want to do it if there wasn't any good stuff to talk about??!


So! Here is some good stuff! Bowen was excited about the letter he got from his grandpa, and he's needing my help to write another letter. (He was thrilled the other day because he was the one to check the mail on the day his letter arrived!) There was a short period following that I had to remind Bowen that not all letters come with money inside! Fortunately, he got over it, and was eager to write another letter! (It is still in progress Grandpa!) This morning, Andrew woke me up at 6am sharp...came into my room...'Mommy...where your glasses? Get up Mommy!'...How can I fault him! He's such a cutie-pie, whether I get any sleep or not! After that, I sat on the couch, chugging my caffiene, I mean coffee, when Jimmy emerged, thumb stuck in his mouth and dragging his blanket behind him (I swear he looks like Linus from the Peanuts Gang sometimes!). He flashes me his blue eyes and dimpled smile (not removing the thumb, mind you), and he curls up to snuggle in my lap. I mean, WHY would I want to sleep, when I could have Jimmy curl up in my lap? Later, Emma comes out of her room, thumb stuck in her mouth and dragging her blanket behind her. She plops onto the couch (she's always last getting up--I swear it's a girl thing. If it were up to me, I'd sleep until lunch time. Who needs breakfast anyway???!!! Anyway, Emma has started having some bad hair days. Her hair points every which way but down! And, it doesn't help that she attempted her own 'hair style' the other day. (I'm still cringing about that!--I begged her not to ever cut her own hair anymore, and I'm trying to remember that her hair will grow back!) As I was saying, she's the last to get up, so there's no chance for her to snuggle on my lap. But, alas, her cute endeavors happen in the afternoon, apparently. She caught a chicken today (forced some hugs onto it), and darned if she didn't have that chicken eating out of her hands, literally! Enjoy that picture...rest assured, if this grosses you out, Emma was fully bathed afterward. Oh, and remember, she's refusing to use the toilet too, so actually, I feel sorry for the chicken!!! Cluck, Cluck, Save Me! Save Me!


Okay, it's the middle of the night now and not a creature is stirring. Off to bed I go! Enjoy!

No comments: