Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Three, Two, One Blast off!






This was really fun. Jim decided to set off a rocket. I had to quick get the kids dressed so they could all watch, and grab my camera too! It happened so fast, but the really funny thing was, we COULDN'T see WHERE the darned thing went! We walked around looking for the rocket, and now I'm convinced it must have landed on someone else's property. If we do find it, we could set it off again. Otherwise, Jim will have to head back to Walmart for another one to build!




After the rocket blast off, I spotted a bunny rabbit running around. The kids decided to chase it--I think they all got a good look at it! That's pretty fun.




Yesterday, I spotted a quail egg just laying out in the open by the road. We have a quail 'couple' that I see regularly, but darned if they can't figure out a safe place for their eggs! I was tempted to take the egg and keep it warm somewhere, but decided to leave it there. This morning it was gone. I can't imagine the anguish little birds feel when they lose eggs like that. I mean, they can't pick up their eggs and put them in a safer place. 'Gee, maybe laying my egg out in the open isn't a good idea'... There are plenty of sage bushes that they could use! Maybe I need to get some nesting boxes out there!


Grandpa has been doing some landscaping of his yard, and things are looking pretty neat! Helps to have a tractor to move those rocks! Here, he's got some rock stairs laid down. Also, this is the hummingbird that got stuck in the garage. He didn't seem well, and alas, died the next morning. Such a beautiful creature!




Last night, I took Jimmy to get enrolled for Kindergarten. He was excited to visit the school and see the gym. Come fall, both Jimmy and Bowen will be going to school all day, every day. WOW! I'm going to get some things done for a change! How exciting is that?!?!




I'm trying to get some older pix of the kids onto digital format. So, I may periodically post pictures of them when they were babies. They grow too darned fast!

1 comment:

Kati said...

Thanks so much for being a part of the Run for the Border. That means so much to me! I've finally gotten a chance to post some pictures from the ride and auction. Thanks for visiting our site and feel free to keep in touch. I have to ditto what you said on kids growing up too fast. I can't believe Scarlet is almost 14 months. She was diagnosed a year ago already, I can't believe it and yet I'm so grateful that that part is all over with. Take care!